Wednesday 25 October 2017

What Learners think about their Learning




From a survey with year 9 learners, in Aug 2017.
49 learners responded to the survey.

One of the questions was about what learners thought might help their learning. They were given five options to respond to:
  • connecting with learners from my previous school to talk about my learning
  • teaching others online about what I am learning
  • working with my teachers to help design the learning
  • having extended time with my teacher to get to know them
  • connecting with older students 


61% of learners thought that 'working with my teachers to help design the learning' would be very helpful or extremely helpful for their learning.

61% of learners thought that 'connecting with older students' would be very helpful or extremely helpful for their learning.

Small Group

From this data I decided to focus on a small group of learners to work with them on ways to design learning together that would engage them.






I wanted to include the 7 principles of learning so this is what I decided to do. The learners could choose from a range of topics from the cybersmart curriculum so that they were learning about what interested them. Learners developed essential questions and were in groups of 2-3 as they choose. The expectation was that learners would create a digital learning object to show their learning.



I used this site to make my teaching visible.




No comments:

Post a Comment